Jr High (7th, 8th)
These years are critical, particularly for students who are joining us for the junior high program. A strong emphasis is placed on preparing students for high school. Organization and time management continue to be skills that are reinforced throughout each subject area. Our goal is for our students to be equipped with the skills they need to be successful learners in public or private school, and ultimately continue their education through college. Program Features: Daily
- Physical education
- Character development/social skills
- 1:1 laptop program
- Social Studies*
- Science (including a lab)*
- Elective wheel class* (rotates over 4 academic quarters)
- Technology (2 quarters)
- Performing Arts
- Fine Arts
*Modified block schedule in the afternoon allows for more in-depth content. These classes meet every other day. Weekly
- Mentoring with a staff member
- Speech Meet
- Outdoor education – 3 days
- Spring Musical
- Multiple field trips
- Student Council – The Council represents a group of elected students from every class, working together to the betterment of the School.
- Yearbook Committee – The committee consists of a group of volunteer, junior high students interested in photography and layout who work with staff advisors to produce the School’s yearbook.
- Homework Club – HW Club is an after school club that meets twice a week for an hour. A Pathway staff member runs the club and offers assistance to students working to get their homework completed.