What Makes Pathway Different?
We know one size doesn’t fit all. Each student has a unique learning profile complete with strengths, passions, weaknesses, and interests. At Pathway, we take time to understand children, develop programs, and continually tweak instruction based on the individual.
- Upon entry, students are assessed to determine their ‘just right’ instructional level in core subjects.
- Student progress is monitored and instruction is changed to either reinforce or advance concepts as needed.
- Parents are seen as experts on their children and valuable partners in the education of their child.
- Students are given instruction and grow in understanding of how they best learn. We call it learning style education.
- We intentionally expose children to a variety of experiences, including performance, artistic, musical, and athletic opportunities to discover their gifts and interests.
- Teachers incorporate multiple learning modalities into each lesson.
- Student work and projects are matched with student strengths and affinities.
- Class size is kept to a maximum of 12:1, often with smaller groupings in core subjects to best target individual needs.
- We don’t expect students to sit still for an entire day! Movement and music are frequently incorporated into lessons and breaks are given throughout the day.
- Students are taught about the brain and learn how to respect the differences in others’.
- The staff meets weekly as a team to discuss student concerns and needs for enrichment or intervention.
- Technology is integrated through our 1:1 laptop program in the elementary, junior high and high school programs.
- Time is carved out of every day for character development and friendship building skills.
- Student strengths are identified, nurtured, and celebrated.